Your loft conversion is a great way to increase the naturally light inside your home. Light has the capability, if used properly, to reveal the true potential of your home. It can help you open up space, which will in turn help to make your house more desirable and have an impact on its value.
It can also help you turn a dark area of your home into somewhere the whole family can gather. Even by adding a single roof window to your loft conversion you will be able to see a noticeable difference in how often you can use it.
Roof Windows are ideal, whether you are looking to convert your loft into a playroom or wish to build a sun room where you can get away in the afternoons, your loft conversion and roof windows also have a number of benefits that come with it.
Here are just a few:
- Studies carried out in hospitals have recognised that natural light actually accelerates the healing process.
- We have all heard about the benefits of milk. But did you know that sunlight also has a similar positive effect? Sunlight causes your body to produce Vitamin D, which in turn helps to build strong teeth and bones, whilst boosting the immune system.
- Just as natural light is good for you, a lack of it can have the opposite effect. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a clinically diagnosed condition in which the lack of sunlight in winter makes people feel ill or depressed.
- Natural light literally bounces off lighter coloured surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings. So if you want to make a room feel bigger, consider pastels and creams.
- You can notice the benefits of natural light in children. It helps them to concentrate, keeps them focused and less distracted and can improve academic performance.
- 27% of carbon emissions come from your home, by supplying it with natural light instead of artificial light you can help change this statistic.
So what are you waiting for? With all these benefits a loft conversion with roof windows is a great way to obtain all the above benefits of natural light.